We took the kids to Sea World and Disney Land this last year for the first time. They LOVED every minute! We spent two days at each spot. In Disney Land, they enjoyed the "scary"rides the most.........well except when we went on Tower of Terror. When the ride was over, McKenzy jerked herself out of her seat and yelled, "You are the worst parents ever! I am only a Kindergartener!" Everybody thought that was pretty funny. Honestly, we felt like bad parents. We had no idea it would be that scary.
The Sea World highlight was sitting in the Soak Zone. It was so cute. There was a little Asian girl, around 5 years old, who wanted to sit in the Soak Zone but her parents didn't want to sit with her. Well of course my "shy" kids witnessed this and immediately volunteered to share their bench (which was empty.....hello.....it was the FRONT ROW). I'll have to upload the pictures so you can see them altogether. If you didn't know better, you'd think that little girl belonged to our family. They were all giving each other high fives, laughing.....
Why can't adults be more like children? When was the last time you gave a complete stranger room to sit down? High fives? A smile? I always think about the following scripture in
Mark 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therin." If more adults acted like children, what a better world we could create...